Re: Mintty Log Off problem (now 1.7.16s)

On 05/30/12 12:37, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 29 May 2012 19:41, Harry G McGavran Jr wrote:
>>

>> On 05/29/12 12:31, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>> On 29 May 2012 17:17, Harry G McGavran Jr wrote:
>>> Do I understand you correctly that you no longer have any mintty
>>> windows open when this happens? That's puzzling indeed. Have you
>>> looked at ye olde Big List Of Dodgy Applications?
>>>
>>> http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda
>>>
>>> Andy
>>
>> Yes, your understanding is correct.  My bloda spectrum hasn't
>> changed since 1.7.10 and is pretty well in hand.
>
> That doesn't exclude a BLODA problem. It's entirely possible that a
> dodgy app gets away with whatever it's doing with one Cygwin version,
> but fails with the next.

> Are you invoking mintty as administrator and looking at the process
> lists without administrator rights? Otherwise this just defies
> explanation, short of something messing with the Windows kernel, which
> Cygwin (being a user-space DLL) doesn't do.
>
> Andy

This is with Windows XP SP3.  I am in the administrator group, but I
don't invoke mintty as administrator, only as I normally run as me,
but I am in the administrator group.

It's not impossible that is bloda, but it is odd that it comes and goes
with various cygwin releases then.  It clearly started when I upgraded
to 1.7.10, and clearly disappeared with the 1.7.11s snapshot and then
clearly appeared again with 1.7.15.

    Harry

--

Harry G. McGavran, Jr.