RE: 1.7.15-1: mintty bash failing to run .NET executables ?

I had the same problem with 1.7.15, and so did one or two other people.  The
latest developer snapshot fixed the problem for me (so far!).

> roll back your cygwin.dll to 1.7.14-2

I would not suggest doing this.  The last several Cygwin versions had a
series of problems with handling of standard input/output for non-Cygwin
programs; in some situations, the problems were timing-sensitive and did not
occur 100% of the time.

I would also strongly recommend that you look at setting the new pipe_byte
option in the CYGWIN environment variable (
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html ).  Unfortunately the
documentation has zero indication of why you would need to set this, but to
summarize, you will probably want/need to set this if you are redirecting
standard input to a non-Cygwin program (either .NET or otherwise).

You may find it useful to read some of the archived discussion in the Cygwin
mailing list over the past few months; there are several discussions
regarding these issues that should give you a deeper understanding of the
problems.