SIGINT not passed to java process

After updating to the latest cygwin, my Java processes no longer receive SIGINT signals. I have attached a simple Java program that adds a ShutdownHook that will print out when the correct signal is received and the main program sleeps indefinitely waiting for the signal.

I used to be able interrupt the process with Ctrl+C and with kill -2 <pid>. Neither of those methods work for me now.

Here is the version of Java that I am using:
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

Thanks,

Franz Kettwig