Re: Zip file extraction permissions help

On 5/8/2012 3:11 PM, Assaf Leibovitch wrote:
Hello all,

I have a zip file, when extracted from Windows, I see files with
execute permissions:

For example:
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py

When using Cygwin unzip, I get the following:
-rw-rw-rw- 1 Administrator None   2782 Apr  8 10:03 pyrunner.py

The owner is different (Administrators vs Administrator)

What should I configure to handle this so the files will get the same permissions as I get when extracting from windows

Thanks

the zip compression format has no data about the the file permissions, so the result is just the default of windows and cygwin for file creation

Regards
Marco