Re: [bug] elf.h incomplete

On 03.05.2012 17:08, Earnie Boyd wrote:
To build the Linux kernel
under Cygwin requires you have the proper libraries and headers for
Linux installed in the cross environment.  It should not be using the
libraries and headers provided by the Cygwin build environment.
I know about this. My cross-compiler is OK. I cross-build many stuff with it.
But Linux kernel build process needs some specific tools, like modpost. They are also built from sources, but they are built to run on the host, not on the target. And of course they use host's (Cygwin's in our case) gcc with its includes.
These tools operate on newly built ELF files, this is why they use these includes.

--
 Kind regards
 Pavel Fedin