This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: error mounting smb shared with ~ in name
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:25:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: error mounting smb shared with ~ in name
- References: <BAY156-ds13727AB95EF851A7E89C5E9D4E0@phx.gbl>
* Daniel D (Fri, 30 Mar 2012 21:52:35 -0700)
> Is ~ allowed on a smb share name when mounting it? I keep getting errors
> while trying to mount //server/~foo via fstab.
> If yes, can someone give me some tips for what to do to mount a share named
> \\server\~foo ?
> It looks like mount command does not like ~ in the smb share name,
> is fine with ~ in the the mount point name.
That's a shell issue not a mount issue. ~foo refers to the home
directory of user foo. Either escape the ~ or quote the argument
containing the ~.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple