This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: BLODA detection code in latest snapshot
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:15:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: BLODA detection code in latest snapshot
- References: <20120227122614.GB31025@calimero.vinschen.de> <4F761CB9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 3/30/2012 1:51 PM, Christian Franke wrote:
> On Feb 27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> I've just uploaded a new snapshot "2012-02-27 12:04:23 UTC". It
>> contains two code snippets which are supposed to help diagnosing BLODA
>> Of course I'd be interested in your experience with this and in any
>> BLODA message you get by setting CYGWIN=detect_bloda.
> Got this with current "2012-03-30 10:24:55 UTC" snapshot:
> $ svn log https://...
> Potential BLODA detected! Thread function called outside of Cygwin DLL:
I link svn against CRYPT32.DLL to use the "windows-cryptoapi" password
store code in the Subversion source. This is used by svn to encrypt
passwords it stores in the filesystem. Without it, the only choices are
"gnome-keyring" and "kwallet", which aren't great for Cygwin.
So, that's where the reference to CRYPT32.DLL comes from.
I do see the same message on my Win7 x64 system, but not on my WinXP 32
David Rothenberger ---- email@example.com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple