This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Compare two directories, architecture only
- From: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: Cygwin ML <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Fergus <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:25:50 +0100
- Subject: Compare two directories, architecture only
Is there an easy way to compare two directories for content (names only
of subdirectories and files, not their identical content).
(1) "diff" compares the content of files: too strong a comparison;
(2) Could "find" both directories and then compare output, but this will
list the entire content under any non-matching subdirectories, when all
I need is the fact of the non-match.
(i.e. I need
diff -rq d1 d2 | sed ' /^Files /d' OR diff -rq d1 d2 | grep '^Only'
without the scrutiny of file content that diff provides.)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple