This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: du crashes if .lnk symlink and a folder it points to are named the same, differing only in letter case
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:18:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: du crashes if .lnk symlink and a folder it points to are named the same, differing only in letter case
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 25 12:35, Ilya Basin wrote:
> I needed that because one git repository has branches named
> "Epam/a" and "epam/b", and git was always creating the "missing" epam
> directory at fetch.
> $ ls -l
> total 0
> drwxr-xr-x+ 1 adminpwd None 0 Mar 25 11:42 Epam
> drwxr-xr-x+ 1 adminpwd None 0 Mar 25 11:42 epam
> why no " -> Epam" part?
Because your system is set to case insensitive. See the User's Guide:
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple