This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: some kind of path problem when running bash script from windows shortcut
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:35:33 +0000
- Subject: RE: some kind of path problem when running bash script from windows shortcut
- Deferred-delivery: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:35:00 +0000
- References: <4F6B5FAD.email@example.com>
> When I run it from the shortcut, I get "file not found" for rsync, date,
> unix2dos, and rm. I have temporarily changed the script to use the full
> path for these, /cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/date.exe instead of date, but I
> have used this setup for a while and I'm not sure what has changed. Am
> I missing an environment variable or something?
Yes. Make sure your Windows PATH environment variable includes
C:\cygwin\bin, or whatever the equivalent is for your install.
Also, per the FAQ, please remember to include the output from running
`cygcheck -s -v -r`. That'll let us actually check your environment
variables, for example.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple