Re: Fw: Cygwin updates cause rebaseall errors

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrey Repin"

I'm a bit dubious about providing a hard link to
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures
as it seems like the sort of link that might change.

Would "Go to http://cygwin.com/faq/ and see the section 'How do I fix fork()
failures?'" be a better option ?

You can safely give out the first link.
Even if anchor name would be changed, the address of "nochunk" version of the
document is unlikely to be changed any time soon.

But then .... I'm not so sure about the advice offered in that FAQ entry. It
says "Read the 'rebase' package README in /usr/share/doc/rebase/, and follow
the instructions there to run 'rebaseall'".
But, although I have a /usr/share/doc folder, I don't have a
/usr/share/doc/rebase/ folder.

You have to (re)install rebase package... http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=rebase%2Frebase-4.0.1-1&grep=rebase

Thanks Andrey !!

I'll attend to all that when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Rob