This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lzip-1.13-1
- From: JonY <jon_y at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 06:51:52 +0800
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lzip-1.13-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Version 1.13-1 of "lzip" has been uploaded.
lzip is a lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm with a
user interface similar to gzip or bzip2. It supports recovery from
This is a new upstream release. Changes include:
* Lziprecover has been moved to its own package because it can recover
files produced by any of the compressors in the lzip family; lzip,
plzip, minilzip/lzlib, clzip and pdlzip.
* Inability to change output file attributes has been downgraded from
error to warning.
* Compression time of option "-0" has been reduced by 2%.
* A reorganization of the compression code has been made.
* A small change has been made in the "--help" output and man page.
* Quote characters in messages have been changed as advised by GNU
* Configure option "--datadir" has been renamed to "--datarootdir" to
follow GNU Standards.
* unzcrash has been moved to package lziprecover.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple