This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: start cygwin script from windows
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <Adam dot Dinwoodie at metaswitch dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:21:11 +0000
- Subject: RE: start cygwin script from windows
- Deferred-delivery: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:21:00 +0000
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Christian Buhtz wrote:
> I have a script running on cygwin.
> I want to start it (with taksplaner) from windows but cygwin is not
> How can I tell window to start the script but need to run cygwin first?
* Use Cygwin's cron: There's good, brief instructions on [Stack Overflow].
* Specify the program that runs the script to Task Scheduler. For a bash script, for example, the command you'd want to give Task Scheduler would be something along the lines of:
C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c "/path/to/script.sh"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple