This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7.10: gv invocation: Procedure Entry Point not located in DLL (Vista)
- From: marco atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 07:52:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.7.10: gv invocation: Procedure Entry Point not located in DLL (Vista)
- References: <1331350856.46094.YahooMailNeo@web110104.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <1331412069.2925.YahooMailNeo@web110109.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <1331412372.53280.YahooMailNeo@web110107.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <1331414356.58010.YahooMailNeo@web110104.mail.gq1.yahoo.com> <1331415659.21876.YahooMailNeo@web110105.mail.gq1.yahoo.com>
On 3/10/2012 10:40 PM, B. F. com. email wrote:
Please find my diagnostics listed below the discussion here.
I have not found any reference to a similar issue. Ghostview (gv) fails on
two different cygwin distros and two different Window OSs. I
re-installed gv a couple of times, but no luck. I have found references
to multiple versions of Ghostscript installations interfering with gv, but
that doesn't seem to apply here.
My cygcheck.out: Username changed to "user1"; computer name changed
to "pc1"; place changed to "America/Any_City_USA". Some permission
errors popped up when I ran it--didn't record them.
XWin.0.log: I didn't include--doesn't seem to be an X-problem.
Thanks for your help!
1.) Windows Vista
CYGWIN_NT-6.0 PC 1.7.10(0.259/5/3) 2012-02-05 12:36 i686 Cygwin
2.) Windows XP
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 PC 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin
#Issue: gv exits with error code 127.
#Assuming a Linux exit code, 127 is 'command not found'. I observe the
#same issue on Win XP, but the rest of the tests were only done on Vista.
$ gv file.ps&
+ Exit 127 gv file.ps
#strace shows that there is some issue with the cygXt-6.dll
$ strace gv
(1st dialog box appears and says: "The procedure entry
point could not be located in the dynamic link library
this told you the problem.
The library was not correctly loaded.
As most of your packages are old may I suggest first to udpdate
all of them and then retry ?
Otherwise debugging will be impossible for us.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple