This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mintty scroll to bottom
- From: Andy Koppe <andy dot koppe at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 20:20:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: mintty scroll to bottom
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 10.68.232.162 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <CC0D9E8456BA41488A76AFE4E8F3A369032A266A@de011305.de.ina.com> <CAHWeT-YSb9LaXaa3CmVh94Jy0uOGrdzhVRi-uKW32Ufs-xyWSg@mail.gmail.com> <20120302084105.GA14404@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 2 March 2012 08:41, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar Â1 20:43, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> On 29 February 2012 12:46, Lemke, Michael ÂSZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:
>> > What is the mintty equivalent to rxvt/xterm's
>> > -si|+si
>> > Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂTurn on/off scroll-to-bottom on TTY output inhibit;
>> > Â Â Â Â Â Â Âresource scrollTtyOutput has opposite effect.
>> There's no such option. Shift+End will get you back to the current
>> output after looking at something in the scrollback, as will any
>> keypress that sends something to the terminal.
> Any chance to implement this? ÂAutomatic scroll-to-bottom is a useful
> feature, IMHO.
I disagree. The point of being able to scroll back to earlier output
is to read and perhaps copy something. When doing that, having the
scrollback jump back to the bottom without the user asking for it is
rather unhelpful. The Windows console does this, and I always found it
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple