This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
- From: "Matt Seitz (matseitz)" <matseitz at cisco dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 10:49:36 -0800
- Subject: RE: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
- References: <1330650523.6952.2.camel@YAAKOV04>
> From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
> I haven't seen any questions that I haven't already answered (although
> it would help if your mail client was capable of preserving a thread).
Sorry about that. Hopefully I've cleared up the threading problem now. Please let me know if you are still seeing a problem.
The questions I still have are:
1. A. If "xinit" is added as a package dependency, will Setup notify the user that "xinit" will also be installed along with the package?
B. Will that notification from Setup be enough to give some users a hint that they need to start an X server before using the package?
2. Would adding the "xinit" dependency spare many users the hassle of having to run Setup twice?