This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New package: openjpeg-1.5.0-1
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:36:50 -0600
- Subject: Re: New package: openjpeg-1.5.0-1
- References: <1330665164.6952.34.camel@YAAKOV04> <4F505942.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2012-03-02 at 16:23 +1100, Luke Kendall wrote:
> I'm no expert, but I thought any JPEG 2000 implementation required use
> of patented technologies. Do the implementers make some statement about
> the patent situation for openjpeg?
Please do not spread FUD. This package is available in Fedora, which
takes patent issues seriously, and has therefore been deemed acceptable
for the Cygwin distribution as well.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple