This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] New packages: mysql, odbc-mysql, perl-DBD-mysql
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 23:53:39 -0600
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New packages: mysql, odbc-mysql, perl-DBD-mysql
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of firstname.lastname@example.org designates 10.42.149.71 as permitted sender) email@example.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
The following packages have been added to the Cygwin distribution:
MySQL Community Edition is a freely downloadable version of the world's
most popular open source database that is supported by an active
community of open source developers and enthusiasts.
Please note that the server ('mysqld' package) should be considered
*experimental*; for production use, I suggest using a native Windows
version from dev.mysql.com. Input from experienced MySQL server
administrators to improve this component is welcome.
The client library and apps are stable, but when connecting to a native
Windows MySQL server on the same machine, you MUST use 127.0.0.1 as the
hostname; 'localhost' is reserved for connecting to the Cygwin mysqld
via a UNIX socket.
ODBC and Perl DBI drivers are also provided.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple