Re: bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"

On 01/03/2012, at 3:35 AM, wytten wrote:

> I have the same issue.  More information: If you back down cygwin bash to
> BASH_VERSION='3.2.51(24)-release', the messages about job control no longer
> appear when bash starts.  However I still can't interrupt jobs started with
> M-x compile or M-x shell-command, so I'm guessing this has something to do
> with the latest version of cygwin.dll

Yep, I can confirm this: The version 3 bash kind of works - but when I invoke a bash inside that bash it hangs. I can get back to emacs by Ctrl-G, but I have to kill the bash then. :-(

I still would like to find out what has change in the cygwin1 setup??? The I/O control must have changed somehow.

Maybe then it would be possible to invoke the cygwin bash differently, so that it plays nicely with the native emacs.

Thanks, Leo