This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"
- From: Leo <leoslists at letterboxes dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:34:05 +1100
- Subject: Re: bash under emacs gives "cannot set terminal process group"
- References: <909A4A8E-D4D3-4256-81AE-F47D52931913@letterboxes.org> <D3E8C35F-C4F6-44BB-ACC0-4BB5E64AA2F5@letterboxes.org> <4F4CC725.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 01/03/2012, at 3:35 AM, wytten wrote:
> I have the same issue. More information: If you back down cygwin bash to
> BASH_VERSION='3.2.51(24)-release', the messages about job control no longer
> appear when bash starts. However I still can't interrupt jobs started with
> M-x compile or M-x shell-command, so I'm guessing this has something to do
> with the latest version of cygwin.dll
Yep, I can confirm this: The version 3 bash kind of works - but when I invoke a bash inside that bash it hangs. I can get back to emacs by Ctrl-G, but I have to kill the bash then. :-(
I still would like to find out what has change in the cygwin1 setup??? The I/O control must have changed somehow.
Maybe then it would be possible to invoke the cygwin bash differently, so that it plays nicely with the native emacs.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple