This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 10:09:50 +0400
- Subject: Re: Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)
- References: <0105D5C1E0353146B1B222348B0411A20A5C157275@NIHMLBX02.nih.gov>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]!
>>>> It's even weirder, than you'd think.
>>>> Hint: reg:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console
>>The MSYS part of msysgit doesn't muck with registry keys. Maybe
>>something with tksh that it uses does.
> Since HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console has subkeys (on my machine) for bash
> and cmd, perhaps the key is created and maintained by Window's console
> handling facilities. Seems to me to be more likely than a cygwin shell
> knowing about and needing the Windows registry.
These keys created when you mess with console properties of a running
I don't touch them and I only have one bogus subkey mentioning "summary.bat"
Don't remember, what was that batch, though. I just deleted the subkey for
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 01.03.2012, <10:04>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple