Re: Cygserver startup issue

On 2/29/2012 4:19 PM, Robert Krajewski wrote:
> I am having the same issue as Charles Wilson as discussed here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-02/msg00089.html
>
> Was there any resolution to this issue?
>
> Earlier versions of Cygwin 1.7 worked. This is on a Windows Server 2003, 64-bit.

I kinda sorta managed to get it working w/ 1.7.11 (Windows Vista, 32bit):

1) rebaseall
2) remove the service entirely:
    $ cygrunsrv -R cygserver
3) reinstall the server
    $ cygserver-config
4) manually start the server as Admin (which will fail):
   That is:  $ /usr/sbin/cygserver.exe
5) then, start the server "for real"
    $ cygrunsrv -S cygserver

Repeat 2--5 for each service.  Yes, it's magic.  No, I have no idea why
it worked.

I just did this yesterday, so I haven't rebooted since (during which
reboot process, each service would be started automatically, without the
preceeding dance).  Not sure if it will "keep working" then or not.

Note, BTW, that I do not have any other problems that would ordinarily
indicate the need for rebase and related hoops, on that machine. (The
cygcheck issue I reported earlier today was on a completely different
system, running a different Windows OS).

--
Chuck