This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:55:57 -0500
- Subject: Re: Recent upgrade to wish leads to a problem
- References: <4F479DDD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F47A80E.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 09:09:02AM -0600, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>On 02/24/2012 08:25 AM, Fergus wrote:
>> Previously bin/wish was a link to wish84.exe (from memory). Recently it
>> was upgraded to wish 8.5.exe.
>> Now, unless X is also running, wish fails with
>> $ wish
>> % Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY
>> environment variable
>> I'm not quite certain which recently upgraded package led to this:
>> tcl-tk or tcltk or ...
>> Have I identified a real glitch and if so can this problem be addressed?
>The tcltk libraries now require a running X server in order to display
>graphics. This is recent and more importantly intentional according to
>what I've read on this list, so there is nothing to address. :-)
The only thing that apparently needs addressing is that you read the
list and comprehend what's going on. I wish we could address that by
making more people do that. :-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple