Re: GCC fatal error: can't open /tmp/ccc6IHTT.s for writing

echo $? returns 1 after using gcc.

On 24/02/2012 14:57, Dave Korn wrote:
On 24/02/2012 13:52, Paul Keir wrote:
Thanks. No, it's not full. The permissions are:
drwxrwxrwt+ 1 Paul root      0 Feb 24 13:36 tmp
and I can create the same file manually.
Oh well, always worth checking the basics first, but no real surprise!

The output of gcc -v hello.c is attached. I am running Windows 7
Professional - Service Pack 1.

I'm afraid I can't send the output of cygcheck to the mailing list for
confidentiality reasons. I could either send it to you directly, or
perhaps run cygcheck in a way to generate less data.
   If you're that worried I don't mind if you'd rather send it to me offlist,
go ahead, but it's not like you know me well enough to trust either, so I'd
suggest you redact any sensitive data (user names? passwords in environment
vars?) before posting it either way.

By the way I get
the following errors from cygcheck, only when I redirect the output:

/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'DcomLaunch': Win32
error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'ose': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'osppsvc': Win32
error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'pla': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'QWAVE': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'RpcEptMapper':
Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
/usr/bin/cygrunsrv: warning: OpenService failed for 'RpcSs': Win32 error 5
Access is denied.
That's not unexpected if you're running under a non-administrative account.

   There was nothing unusual in the output from "gcc -v".  If the cygcheck
output doesn't show anything, I'll have to get you to run cc1.exe under
strace.  However, before we do that, there's one other thing I forgot to ask:
what's the exit status after gcc fails?  "echo $?" should show it, assuming
you're using bash.

     cheers,
       DaveK