Re: Cygwin DLL 1.7.10-1 breaks sftp in lftp package

On Feb 23 13:30, Ferguson, Michael wrote:
> Hi all --
>
> A change (probably one of the TTY changes) in Cygwin DLL 1.7.10-1
> broke sftp support in the lftp file transfer package. When using
> 1.7.10-1, ssh complains "read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: No such
> device or address" when lftp tries to use this program to connect.
> LFTP seems to give up, assuming that the password was incorrect. I've
> tried modifying the permissions for the fictional /dev/tty device, but
> everything there seems fine. Downgrading from 1.7.10-1 to 1.7.9-1 has
> fixed the issue for me, so it is definitely some combination of the
> new 1.7.10-1 DLL and lftp/ssh. Please see the log detail below from an
> SFTP session in lftp (set to verbose output in ssh and high debug in
> lftp).
>
> I believe this may be similar to the sshpass issue described in
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-02/msg00520.html . Any ideas on if
> this is a Cygwin bug or if there is some change that should be applied
> upstream in lftp? Suggestions appreciated.

I just tried this with a private key with passphrase.  It worked.

  lftp :~> set sftp:connect-program "/usr/bin/ssh -a -x -v"
  lftp :~> open -p 22 -u corinna sftp://linux-box
  lftp :~> notice: cannot open /home/corinna/.netrc: No such file or directory
  lftp :~> Password: [MY-PASSPHRASE]
  lftp corinna@linux-box:~> ls
  drwxrwxr-x   10 corinna  vinschen     4096 Feb 24 11:36 .
  drwxr-xr-x  103 corinna  vinschen     4096 Feb 24 11:28 ..
  [...]
  lftp corinna@linux-box:~> quit

Did you try if this works with the latest Cygwin snapshot from
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ ?

Corinna

Red Hat