This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim - patch 7.3.358 broke double click and copy/paste functionality
- From: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "P. Szmytka" <pszmytka at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:01:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: vim - patch 7.3.358 broke double click and copy/paste functionality
- References: <CAO1Ht_hh6A+wVe-sRGJVrdbHkbMtOnXSdTFNrpR_=2+Vak8+Rg@mail.gmail.com> <1329469665.6950.10.camel@Nokia-N900>
P. Szmytka wrote:
After updating to vim-7.3.393-1 paste using middle mouse button stopped working for me.
I narrowed it down to patch 7.3.358 to be the culprit.
Are you talking about vim or gvim?
I've never had the mouse work in vim, (which doesn't mean it couldn't
have been configured to work), but it always behaved as a dumb
text app.. I could select text in manner of the term I was running in
(i.e. cmd.exe. selects/copy text differently from 'Console'...)...
but vim in *text* mode never responded to the mouse (I know it's possible
for text programs to interact w/a mouse in a tty window, just never seen
vim do it)...
FWIW, I lost ability to cut/paste from any X windows into Windows
about 4-5 months ago... at first I figured some config file had been
'fixed' or overwritten for me...but after some exploring, found that
nothing worked (with cygwin X or Xming X)...
I try to remember to edit with gvim on windows and edit mounted
file systems, but it is a pain not to have it work...but hasn't been
important enough to pursue... have a stacktrace due as homework that I
still haven't turned in to the teacher...( ;-) )... wonder if he'd believe
my dog ate my stacktrace? ;-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple