mintty window handle

I would like to be able change the icon dynamically on my mintty
windows.? However, old trick (google KB125103) for finding console
window handles won't work anymore as it relies on the windows console
window.? I have verified that WM_SETICON works with the correct window handle.? I have played
around with the walking through windows but I can't figure out how to do it.

Anyone have any clues about how to find this handle programmatically?
Kevin