This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OpenSSH *** fatal error - unable to load C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll, Win32 error 1114
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:44:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: OpenSSH *** fatal error - unable to load C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll, Win32 error 1114
- References: <99CC48D44718E5448CA3FB0383D595370461F45B60@PMBX10.gsm1900.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 14 20:49, Stepp, Charles wrote:
> > On Feb 14 17:54, Charles Stepp wrote:
> > Does the FAQ help?
> > http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.sshd-in-domain
> Yes it did! Essentially, it needs to be a domain user. I had to use my
> own domain ID. I added permissions through some hairy Windoze as
> recommended in the following link.
I just hope you didn't follow the WRONG advice to set CYGWIN="binmode
ntsec tty" or "ntsec tty". None of that makes any sense in Cygwin 1.7.
> Thanks SO much! It must be a real PIA trying to emulate setuid
> stuff/ID switching stuff for these "Server" class Windoze versions.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple