This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bug: ssh-agent "fork"/spawn/createprocess becomes codependent on the window/process that ran it.
- From: Sponge Bob <sponge_bob_128 at cox dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:30:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: Bug: ssh-agent "fork"/spawn/createprocess becomes codependent on the window/process that ran it.
- Authentication-results: cox.net; auth=pass (PLAIN) firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <4F3069FE.email@example.com>
Rolling back the "cygwin" package from 1.7.10-1 to 1.7.9-1 makes problem go away.
On 2/6/2012 4:02 PM, Sponge Bob wrote:
> Just updated to latest CYGWIN in Windows XP. After running ssh-agent, the command prompt
> window that it ran in will hang on "exit". If the window is forcibly killed, it will
> take the ssh-agent down with it. If the ssh-agent is forcibly killed, the "exiting"
> window will close. Previous versions of ssh-agent in cygwin turned into a background
> process. Don't know if this is a ssh-agent problem or a generic forking problem.
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple