Re: cron still not working - even after rerunning cron config

On 12/16/2011 02:31 PM, Mike Brown wrote:
> I desperately need to get this fixed as I will be leaving for a trip on
> the 20th and have some cron stuff to run while I am gone.
>
> I ran cron-diagnose.sh, which now runs the cron-config, and changed from
> just-me to local system and that still didn't fix the problem.  A ps -eaf
> shows that cron is now UID SYSTEM and not 0.  But that did not make a
> difference.  I set up the following entry in my crontab:
>
>     12 14 * * *	touch /tmp/crontest
>
> The time came and went and no zero length file showed up.
>
> Running cronevents, the list had the following error line:
>
> 2011/12/16 14:12:01 [SYSTEM] /usr/sbin/cron: PID 2524: (Vidiot) WRONG FILE OWNER (tabs/Vidiot)
>
> Which file is it exactly complaining about?  My crontab file, which worked
> under 1.5?  What is needed to fix it?  Where is the crontab file placed?
>
> Please, time is critical.

Sorry that I can't help you with your cron problem, but have you
considered using the Windows Task Scheduler instead given the urgency of
your situation?  It can be used to kick off Cygwin processes just like
any other.  You'll need to wrap your existing tasks with a script in
order to ensure that they receive the right environment, but that may be
easier than debugging cron at this time.

-Jeremy