This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at acs-inc dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:24:49 -0600
- Subject: RE: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
- References: <4ED4F78D.email@example.com>
From: Eric Blake [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Subject: Re: Shell script - is this expected behaviour?
> On 11/29/2011 02:00 AM, Gary wrote:
> > If I have a shell script which reads a file which does not have an
> > of line character at the end if it's only line, it does not read
> > anything.
> Never feed 'read' unterminated input. Always end your text files with
When I can't control the contents of the input file, I pipe it through
a filter program I wrote that adds a final newline where the last
character of a stream is not a newline.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple