This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Different error on socket while connecting to a box behind firewall
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:55:00 -0500
- Subject: Re: Different error on socket while connecting to a box behind firewall
- References: <CALRo7LvdgnR5PrJ-X0c2mwvAFnoNMmVgNSJoQCV0b5EJNjE9qQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 02:08:18PM +0530, Jaswinder Bhamra wrote:
>There was a post http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-09/msg00017.html to
>which I got a reply "the fix is not yet available, but the fix will be
>in the next Cygwin release".
>Approximately when can I expect that, or is the fix already in some
>release/patch at cygwin.com?
>This is becoming urgent for us because our customers have now started
>running into this issue, and it?s breaking their automation. Would it
>help if we provide you a source patch for the bug fix?
When Corinna said "the fix will be in the next Cygwin release" she meant
to be conveying the fact that the problem is already fixed in CVS. So
a source patch would be pointless.
We're working on getting the next release stabilized but there we don't
have an ETA yet.
You could try a snapshot at: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ but I wouldn't
recommend rolling out Cygwin snapshots to customers.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple