This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installation problems with home path and sshd
- From: Marc Girod <marc dot girod at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 04:36:37 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Installation problems with home path and sshd
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 1. The home path was not created, there was nothing in the home directory.
> I created a home user directory and now if I enter "cd ~/" I am in it.
> But mintty still opens in its own link directory.
Others may answer better than me, but... I think there are two sources
for the definition of home:
the HOME environment variable, and the entry in /etc/passwd.
I have myself:
uid=1000(marc) gid=513(None) groups=513(None),545(Users)
~> grep marc /etc/passwd | tr : '\n'
~> echo $HOME
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/Installation-problems-with-home-path-and-sshd-tp32877343p32877392.html
Sent from the Cygwin list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple