This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin dlls needed to run binutils
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:17:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin dlls needed to run binutils
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 11/23/2011 10:37 AM, Surrounder wrote:
I compiled binutils within cygwin 1.7.9-1 and was wondering why I not only
need the cygwin1.dll to run them under windows, I also need the cygz.dll and
Last time I compiled only cagwin1.dll was necessary. Anybody knows if I do
sth. wrong or did I miss sth.?
Thanks for any response.
A cygcheck on 'ld' shows cyggcc_s-1.dll is pulled in as a result of a
dependency on cygintl-8.dll. I don't see a dependency on cygz.dll but
perhaps another tool from the package pulls that one in.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple