Re: What updates done after October 3 may affect gfortran built binaries?

> Thanx a lot, Marco for takng time!
>
> In order to replicate my build you need to install latest version of the
> grib_api library
> (http://www.ecmwf.int/products/data/software/download/grib_api.html)
> and istall it with jasper
>
> tar xvfz grib_api-1.9.9.tar.gz
> ./configure [--with-jasper=<jasper path>]
> make
> make install
>
> You then have to edit the makefile.ecmwf_gfortran_32 to have the right
> lib and include path's set for gfortran to find jasper and grib_api. The
> path's found in makefile.ecmwf_gfortran_32 are just showing where the
> programmers installed those lib's before distributing the FLEXPART
> software.
> If you get a successful build, it will still prompt an error since you
> will still miss some expected settings, but you will clearly see whether
> this is a bad binary or not.
>
> I will definitely try reinstalling an older version of binutils and give
> it a try.
>
> Thanx again for the advice.
>
> Regards,
> KÃre

I forgot to say that the file includepar in the FLEXPART folder need to
be edited to look like this in the section:

C Maximum dimensions of the input mother grids

      integer nxmax,nymax,nuvzmax,nwzmax,nzmax,nxshift
      parameter(nxmax=361,nymax=181,nuvzmax=92,nwzmax=92,nzmax=92)
c     parameter(nxmax=361,nymax=181,nuvzmax=61,nwzmax=61,nzmax=61)
c     parameter(nxmax=721,nymax=361,nuvzmax=27,nwzmax=27,nzmax=27)
      parameter(nxshift=359)  ! for ECMWF
c     parameter(nxshift=0)    ! for GFS
      integer nconvlevmax,na
      parameter (nconvlevmax = nuvzmax-1)
      parameter (na = nconvlevmax+1)

otherwise you will get a crash with some error messages during the make
procedure.

Thanx,
KÃre