This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe, dependencies, and 'keep' mode
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 17:58:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup.exe, dependencies, and 'keep' mode
- References: <4EBB0211.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 11/9/2011 5:43 PM, Ryan Johnson wrote:
There's a somewhat annoying behavior in setup.exe when installing
packages in 'keep' mode: all dependencies selected by things which would
have been installed in 'Curr' mode still try to download. Often I can
It's a setup.hint "bug". While setup.exe does support per-version
requires: statements, most setup.hints don't use that, and instead
specify "global" requirements.
So, bob uploads the new package "foo" which now requires libbar, and he
simply modifies the (global) requirements to add libbar. When you try
to "keep" the old foo, setup.exe still notices that the requirements now
include libbar, and you don't have it installed, so...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple