This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FAQ 4.2 Why is Cygwin suddenly so slow? (was Re: cygwin very slow under virtual box (productivity hit))
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 10:32:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: FAQ 4.2 Why is Cygwin suddenly so slow? (was Re: cygwin very slow under virtual box (productivity hit))
- References: <4EB47513.email@example.com> <4EB86628.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 8 00:13, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> Le 05/11/2011 00:28, J.V. a Ãcrit :
> >I have Windows XP Pro x32 in a VM with the latest version of cygwin
> >When I open a cygwin bash shell, and type '$ls' it just sits there forever.
> as usual, plz, remove bash-completion...
> >FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> also, plz, could you complete the FAQ about that, thanks in advance.
> something like :
> alternative, remove the bash-completion package if any.
Wouldn't it make more sense to find out what part of the bash-completion
package is the usual culprit and to disable or change this part in a
bash-completion package update?
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple