This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: possible bug in stat() -- not working with special characters on 64 bit systems
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:52:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: possible bug in stat() -- not working with special characters on 64 bit systems
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 25 07:06, Leon Vanderploeg wrote:
> I have been fighting a problem with a compiled C program and seem to have
> narrowed it down. When file names contain special characters such as the n
> with the tilde above it (Ã), stat() works fine on 32 bit machines, but fails
> on 64 bit machines (both windows 7 and server 2008 R2).
> At the end of the this email is source code of a small test program to
> demonstrate the issue. Of course, the C:\ directory must contain the
> MaÃana.doc and Manana.doc files. I can provide a compiled version if
> needed. The program is compiled on Cygwin version 1.5.25, GCC version
Please update to Cygwin 1.7. Cygwin 1.5.25 is not supported anymore,
abd had no internationalization capabilities.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple