Re: cygwin permissions problem on a network drive

On 10/18/2011 08:52 AM, Lemke, Michael SZ/HZA-ZSW wrote:

I know this an old thread but I am in exactly the same situation as the OP. Access with 1.7.7 and before worked fine, 1.7.9 has this problem. The workaround with explicit noacl option works for me but it is rather awkward as I have to work with a lot of servers.

So...

...has this happened now? In a snapshot? I couldn't find any further information.

Thanks, Michael

Same problem here. Someone said snapshots here, http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ , fixes the problem but I tried several cygwin1.dll from there and still have problems.
Directory is created on network drive now but see message "can't set permissions ... on a file" when committing with svn.
Strangely, if I commit from linux to the same mounted ntfs drive, it works.

Haven't tried the noacl method.

-gene