This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
many "fork failed" errors after doing rebaseall amd peflagsall
- From: Heiko Elger <heiko_elger at arburg dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:29:18 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: many "fork failed" errors after doing rebaseall amd peflagsall
we've many problems i.e. using make, perl.
We often will get errors like the following:
1) abnormal program termination
C:\TEMP\make7078823.sh: fork failed: no child processes 
2)0 [main] sh 71664 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'cyggccs-
1.dll' (69130000) is already occupied
c:/programme/cygwin/bin/sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
3) child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'DBI.dll' (00CF0000) is
We use cygwin 1.7.9 with snapshot "cygwin-inst-20110829.tar.bz2".
I did a complete rebaseall and peflagsall.
rebaseall was patched to ignore files in /usr/x86_64-w64-mingw32/sys-
But it seems something is still wrong.
All other found postings concerning this problem described that doing a
rebaseall/peflagsall will solve thies problems.
Perhaps other user can give me some more hints.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple