Re: displaying Chinese radicals

On 13 October 2011 22:17, Lingyis wrote:
> There is a so-called "last resort" font used in Mac (supposedly in Windows
> as well) so I suppose that's how Mac deals with them.
>
> If so, how do I make sure cygwin uses the "last resort font", i.e. where do
> I put/install that font?

Windows doesn't have a single last resort font, but each font can have
a list of fallback fonts, through the so-called font linking
mechanism. This can be configured in the registry. MSDN has the
details.

However, as far as I know, font linking doesn't take effect in the
Windows console (and hence the default Cygwin console), which is why
you'll see fewer glyphs being supported there than with the same font
in other applications.

Andy