This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: stdio.h: broken standard compliance.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Kaz Kylheku <kaz at kylheku dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:06:47 +0400
- Subject: Re: stdio.h: broken standard compliance.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Kaz Kylheku!
> I see now from the archives that this list is configured
> to generate the unfortunate Reply-to header, which by many
> is considered a mailing list misconfiguration.
First time I hear this bullshit.
Mailing lists intended for public conversation.
> RFC 2822:
> ``When the "Reply-To:" field is present, it indicates the mailbox(es)
> to which the author of the message suggests that replies be sent.''
> [ 3.6.2 Originator fields ]
> Note that the Cygwin mailing list is not the author of this message;
> herefore, it is abusing the Reply-To: header in violation of the
> RFC which governs e-mail communication.
It is author of message. If not, your message would have never reached the
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 11.10.2011, <16:03>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple