This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cyglsa authentication package deactvation
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:22:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: cyglsa authentication package deactvation
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 6 12:18, layr wrote:
> I have been using LSA package, but it wouldn't let me delete the cygwin
> The action can't be completed because the file is open in CNG key isolation.
> How to deactivate LSA package?
- Start regedit. Open the REG_MULTI_SZ value
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Authentication Packages
- Remove ONLY the path containing cyglsa, for instance
- DO NOT REMOVE ANY OTHER STRING FROM "Authentication Packages".
- Especially, DO NOT REMOVE "msv1_0". If you do that, you're in trouble.
- Before closing regedit, double check that the "Authentication Packages"
value still contains at least the string "msv1_0".
- Really sure?
- Really, really, really sure?
- Exit regedit.
- Now you can remove the dir.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple