This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Alternative to iconv
- From: Eric Blake <eblake at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, walter dot barnes05 at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:13:28 -0600
- Subject: Re: Alternative to iconv
- References: <4E8CD47F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/05/2011 04:04 PM, Walter Barnes wrote:
I have a large csv file (1.5GB) that I need to convert from UTF-16 to
UTF-8 however it appears iconv is not currently included in cygwin.
Huh? iconv is too part of cygwin:
$ cygcheck -p iconv\\.exe
Found 3 matches for iconv\.exe
libiconv/libiconv-1.13.1-1 GNU character set conversion library and
libiconv/libiconv-1.13.1-2 GNU character set conversion library and
libiconv/libiconv-1.14-1 GNU character set conversion library and utilities
Maybe you just need to rerun setup.exe and install the libiconv package,
if you don't already have it present on your machine.
Eric Blake email@example.com +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple