This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pressing ENTER scrambles scrolled MS-DOS-console
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:32:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: pressing ENTER scrambles scrolled MS-DOS-console
- References: <000c01cc7c46$615cd310$24167930$@de> <20111004123059.GB27229@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 06:18:33PM -0700, jan.kolar wrote:
>Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:
>> On Sep 26 14:18, Paul Maier wrote:
>>> scrolling up the console output to review the console history, then
>>> Enter scrambles the console.
>> That's a long standing behaviour of the Cygwin console emulation.
>> I guess it can be fixed, but somebody will have to do it. In the
>> meantime, try mintty as terminal.
>> Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
>> Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
>> Red Hat
>The problem is as below.
>However it needs some thinking, checking and testing, since I have no idea
>what that line was needed for.
>diff --git i/fhandler_console.cc w/fhandler_console.cc
>index 74b5cbd..f29426d 100644
>@@ -1089,7 +1127,27 @@ fhandler_console::cursor_set (bool rel_to_top, int x,
> dev_state->fillin_info (get_output_handle ());
> if (y > dev_state->info.winBottom)
>- y = dev_state->info.winBottom;
>+ y = y;
Yeah. Yeah. Nice.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple