Re: How do I run a program compiled in cygwin from a program that is running in a Windows CMD shell?

I am a bit confused as to the role of perl here. I have compiled under cygwin g++ for a long time now and don't run into problems. Are you using the -mno-cygwin flag in your compile rules? I have two processes, where one is a child of the the processed that gets launched, but both are in c. Maybe it is better to address your issue in the c part of the application, possibly create a little c launcher app that will create the behavior you need.

Whether you run your c widget from win cmd, bash, call if from perl python, etc, shouldn't really make any difference.

Maybe I need to dig into your post a bit more.

LMH

Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Ted Byers!

However, when I compile the program using gcc within cygwin (and run it the
same way - Activestate perl from a Windows' CMD console, no output is
produced, and if I try to run qlt from Windows' CMD, it complains about a
missing DLL and dies..

Which DLL? You know, we're net standing behind you, staring at your screen over your shoulder.

So, I found a fix in terms of adding cygwin/bin to the path.

Fix? Sorry me, but Cygwin installation manager explicitly tell you to do so.

That lets me run the programs I compile using gcc within cygwin's bash shell
in the same way I run programs I compile using MSVC++.
The downside is that I was reluctant to make the cygwin programs themselves
visible within Windows' CMD shell as I was concerned about the possibility
that doing so might break some other Windows applications I use.

It may, now what? Use Cygwin ones as more POSIX-compliant.

-- WBR, Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 15.09.2011,<18:50>

Sorry for my terrible english...