This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: why does domain member workstation, when logging into PDC, send
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Linda Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 05:18:58 +0400
- Subject: Re: why does domain member workstation, when logging into PDC, send
- References: <4E0A1E4C.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Linda Walsh!
> domain qualified username? If I have a worstation that is a member of
> a domain, and if I am logged in with a domain account, then I believe
> the default is that I am simply 'user', vs. if I was logged in with a local
> account, I'd be "localmachine\user"....
Name without a domain prefix considered a local machine accounting name in
most cases, unless specifically mentioned as opposite.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 29.06.2011, <5:17>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple