This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing cygwin on Windows 7 prompts for Admin credentials
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 10:39:17 +0200
- Subject: Re: Installing cygwin on Windows 7 prompts for Admin credentials
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 23 15:52, Robert Jacobson wrote:
> I would like to let one of my users install cygwin as a normal
> (non-admin) account.
> However, when they run setup.exe, they get a UAC prompt "Do you want to
> allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to
> your computer?
> To continue, type an administrator password, and then click Yes."
> I'd like to let them install it, but obviously I don't want to give them
> admin privs.
> What else can I do to workaround this?
Start "Local Security Policy" -> Security Settings -> Local Policies ->
Security Options. Disable the setting "User Account Control: Detect
application installations and prompt for elevation".
Or rename setup.exe to foo.exe.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple