Re: Error message: setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Greetings, lx_cygwin@alexnews3.fastmail.fm!

> I downloaded http://cygwin.com/setup.exe several times, but it won't
> run.  My OS is Windows XP, 32 bit.  The error I keep getting is
> "setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

> Does the web site have the wrong file?

If you're using IE to download it, try clearing your browser file cache. (Also
related to other browsers, but to a much lesser degree.)
Also make sure no antivirus interfere with your download in unpredicted way.

In short, your downloaded file is corrupt.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...