This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error message: setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: lx_cygwin at alexnews3 dot fastmail dot fm, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 04:09:54 +0400
- Subject: Re: Error message: setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> I downloaded http://cygwin.com/setup.exe several times, but it won't
> run. My OS is Windows XP, 32 bit. The error I keep getting is
> "setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application".
> Does the web site have the wrong file?
If you're using IE to download it, try clearing your browser file cache. (Also
related to other browsers, but to a much lesser degree.)
Also make sure no antivirus interfere with your download in unpredicted way.
In short, your downloaded file is corrupt.
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 24.06.2011, <4:08>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple