This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with emacs shell starting with 2011-05-05 snapshot
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:43:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: Problems with emacs shell starting with 2011-05-05 snapshot
- References: <4DF920BC.email@example.com>
On 6/15/2011 5:14 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
Starting with the 2011-05-05 snapshot, I can't start a shell under emacs. Here are the steps to reproduce:
1. Start emacs in a mintty window.
This yields the following error message in the shell buffer:
sh: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
sh: no job control in this shell
The problem with the 2011-05-05 snapshot goes away if I build
cygwin1.dll myself. I used a CVS checkout as of 2011-05-05 22:31, which
seems to be cutoff for that snapshot. The last change in the ChangeLog is
2011-05-05 Christopher Faylor <...>
* cygheap.cc (cygheap::close_ctty): Close ctty via close_with_arch().
* debug.cc (close_handle): Call debugger on failure.
I don't understand this. I simply built cygwin1.dll according to the
instructions in the FAQ.
I haven't had a chance to build cygwin1.dll from later checkouts yet, so
I don't know if the problems with later snapshots will go away too.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple