This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Create file fails on network drives in cygwin-1.7.9-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:49:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: Create file fails on network drives in cygwin-1.7.9-1
- References: <BANLkTim75avYGKmYhzzdEmbqjt5Dfu1WNg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jun 16 12:59, Pete Forman wrote:
> I am seeing "Permission denied" errors when trying to create files on
> network drives. Local drives seem okay. Once a file is created with a
> native program I can write to it.
cygcheck output as descibed on the above page would be helpful in the
Next question is, what kind of network drives? Run
/usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo X:\\ with X being the drive you have the
problem with. Alternatively chdir into some directory on the drive and
run "getVolInfo ."
Ultimately stracing touch would be helpful. Make sure foo.txt does
not exist, run
$ strace -o touch.trace touch foo.txt
and attach the touch.trace file to your reply.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple